Here's a screenshot of the Knoppix 3.6.B DVD for Windows that's being seeded at http://linuxtracker.org . You can pick '.torrent' files for all my isos from http://home.btconnect.com/chrisandcarolyn/torrents/
[/url]
Why, they are donating lots of bandwidth, so why not give them a bit of advertising revenue? Plus, isn't it cool that even a site called _win_... hosts Knoppix?![]()
Here's a screenshot of the Knoppix 3.6.B DVD for Windows that's being seeded at http://linuxtracker.org . You can pick '.torrent' files for all my isos from http://home.btconnect.com/chrisandcarolyn/torrents/
[/url]
its good that there donating bandwidth and its cool that even a site with win in its domain is hosting it. but i do not take kindly to sites that use popups. one day its popups next day its browser exploits forceing dialers onto your computer. i dont mind sites using small adverts thats perfectly moral in my eyes, but popups is where i draw the lines. i wouldnt feel moral if i was to put popups in any of my sites.Originally Posted by probono
Hmmm. A browser is supposed to be a user agent. Can you set yours to ignore popups ? Even better, make it render 'popups' as small moral adverts ?![]()
i can block most popups no problem.but people are getting past firefox nowadays.
just because i can filter out spam emails doesnt mean its ok for people to send them.
same goes for popups
Here is an interesting performance comparison of Knoppix 3.7 vs 3.8.
On a laptop with a Mobile Celeron 1.8GHz CPU running mprime (GIMPS distributed project, I am seeing a big performance difference.
I wonder if this is a change in the Linux kernel itself or in some Knoppix software such as power management?
Using Knoppix 3.8 I get 0.083 seconds per iteration.
Using Knoppix 3.7 with the 2.4 kernel I get 0.073 seconds per iteration, which is a huge difference.
If I use Knoppix 3.7 with the 2.6 kernel I get 0.080 seconds.
Any idea what might be causing this slowdown and how I might go about changing it? By defaul mprime runs with nice 19, but even if I change the priority back down to 0, the speed remains the same. I am not doing anything else on the laptop in either case.
A bit more info. Trying this out on a P4 3.0Ghz desktop machine, there is a much smaller difference between Knoppix using the 2.4 and 2.6 kernel. About 0.001 seconds per iteration difference, so I'm wondering if this has more to do with the power management/CPU throttling support in Knoppix 3.8? Any clues?
Can kpx 3.8 save files on NTFS? How can I turn it on?
D
try the capture ntfs scrip from the knoppux menu. But be careful...Originally Posted by moiz
I have a stupid question. Where is it in menu? I can't find it. In 3.7 it was in knoppix menu, but there isn't in 3.8.Originally Posted by ruymbeke
D
Captive-NTFS doesn't appear to be in the 3.8-2005-02-28-CeBIT_Edition of Knoppix. (Try a "locate captive" and or a "man captive-install-acquire" and you don't get far.)

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$149.95
Datto S3P1000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 16GB DDR4
$139.95
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08