-
Senior Member
registered user
General results with UnionFS.
I downloaded ~100MB of applications via -apt-get as follows;
apt-get update
apt-get install (enlightenment,amarok,cinepaint,digikam,festival,g eomview,kweather)
Each app was installed separately.
My RAM at the time was 1GB. The system guard indicated around 719MB in use.
I then installed another 1GB of ram after shutdown.
I attempted to run the CD in toram mode. I received an error message stating that required ram was 2085169K and that I had only 2075112K of ram. It did not load toram. EDIT: This was caused by using a "split".iso DVD+RW disc which created a break in the TORAM loading scripts. The TORAM mode performs well in a normal Knoppix3.8 CD burn. I forgot I was using the "split" version....NEVER MIND!
I then installed 3GB of ram which enabled the loading toram. However, an error occurred in KDEinit which did not initiate the desktop. The error message stated that I was in need of 82MB of ram or some such. EDIT: Again, this occurred with the "split" format of Knoppix3.8.
The strange behavior in loading toram doesn't make much sense. EDIT: Now it does!!
Has anyone a clue to the reason for this? Bad ram? EDIT: Mebbe not!
Similar Threads
-
By Becu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 04:12 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:14 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
-
Replies: 35
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By Jack_ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts
$338.63

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95