-

Originally Posted by
Aleu
OK guys, I have noticed one irritating thing. During Knoppix boot phase an error message is displayed saying that a directory to evdev.ko module does not exist. Is it normal? Can you see this message as well?
I have the same issue. That is why I am here.

Originally Posted by
Exact Error message is as follows:
Firewire found, managed by hotplug: (Re-)scanning firewire devices... modprobe: FATAL: could not read 'lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/drivers/input/evdev.ko' :Not a directory
modprobe: FATAL: could not read 'lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/drivers/input/evdev.ko' :Not a directory
Done.
Autoconfiguring devices...................
I do have firewire and I do have a Plextor PX-708UF connected to it, which Knoopx 3.8.1 finds properly. so I assume that something else called for the modprobe that failed.
Luther
Similar Threads
-
By Becu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 04:12 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:14 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
-
Replies: 35
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By Jack_ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

G.Skill Trident Z Neo 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3600 RAM F4-3600C18Q-128GTZN
$639.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666 CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 Open Box Tested
$89.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00