Captive from the link you provided will help me. Thanks eco2geek.Originally Posted by eco2geek
I just downloaded 3.8.1 and it looks great and runs perfectly on my Athlon 1800 system. I was surprised to see that the "install software while running from CD" was dropped. It was nice to install the nVidia driver, Macromedia Flash etc. I could not find this feature. Is it hidden in another menu?
Thanks
Captive from the link you provided will help me. Thanks eco2geek.Originally Posted by eco2geek
I have the same issue. That is why I am here.Originally Posted by Aleu
I do have firewire and I do have a Plextor PX-708UF connected to it, which Knoopx 3.8.1 finds properly. so I assume that something else called for the modprobe that failed.Originally Posted by Exact Error message is as follows:
Luther
[quote="martin02"]Originally Posted by Aleu
Hi, I've the same issue (with knoppix 3.8.1) on Notebook Acer Aspire 1400, and I haven't sound, Kmix window is empty and I have a red "X" on the sound icon, the sound driver are loaded correctly (Intel Corporation|82820 820 (Camino 2) AC97 Audio driver=i810_audio), I tried with "alsa=intel8x0" but nothing, can you help me?
command "lsmod | grep snd" tell me:
snd_intel8x0n 18116 2
snd_ac97_codec 68088 1 snd_intel8x0m
snd_pcm_oss 47904 0
snd_mixer_oss 18688 2 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm 77828 3 snd_intel8x0m,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer 23684 1 snd_pcm
snd 46308 8 snd_intel8x0m,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer _oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore 11104 3 i810_audio,snd
snd_page_alloc 11268 2 snd_intel8x0m,snd_pcm
bye
Daniele
is it possible that knoppix sees my modem like a sound card???? i can see this from file /proc/asound/card0/id
now it work if i execute alsaconf every time after KDE is loaded, but i can't believe that i must always execute this script....Originally Posted by Daniele
Probably caused by the sound card. This may sound strange but it worked for me. I was getting that same error until I hit my mute key on my laptop while I booted up. I don't get the error if I do that everytime. Might want to give it a shot.Firewire found, managed by hotplug: (Re-)scanning firewire devices... modprobe: FATAL: could not read 'lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/drivers/input/evdev.ko' :Not a directory
modprobe: FATAL: could not read 'lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/drivers/input/evdev.ko' :Not a directory
Done.
Autoconfiguring devices...................

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99