-
kernel timer added twice
I've been testing out Knoppix from cd for a while and finally decided to take the leap to hdinstall.
Followed along the install script and when in doubt just chose the first alternative available. The cd has always detected everything fine so I wasn't worried.
The first time I try to boot from the hd I get the approximate error:
bug: kernel timer added twice
Googled a bit and found another forum where the answer was: "kernel timer added twice, you can only add it once."
Not so helpful.
So, where do I go from here, how do I found out where the problem is? Warning, Knoppix is my first foray in to Linux of any kind.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By DeepCreek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 11:16 PM
-
By baitas in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 11:55 PM
-
By p.lavarre in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 01:14 AM
-
By linuxfan in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 04:29 PM
-
By BigBite in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 03:51 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99