Hi,
I recently tried Knoppix 3.7 with kernel 2.6. It all worked fine.
After a reboot my Win XP SP2 system didn't boot.
I figured out that if i unplugged my iomega usb hd, the system boots correctly. I didn't change anything in BIOS (first boot device is hd0). If I plug in the usb hd after booting (to be more specific: right after the white Win XP progress bar), everything works fine. When I reboot, same problem: system doesn't boot until the usb hd is unplugged.
Any ideas? I googled all night yesterday and found many postings in forums with similar problems (no boot with usb devices plugged in), but none of the answers could help me.
As I pointed out, the problem appeared for the first time yesterday after I tried Knoppix.
rosid

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99