-
Boot problems after using Knoppix 3.7 with kernel 2.6
Hi,
I recently tried Knoppix 3.7 with kernel 2.6. It all worked fine.
After a reboot my Win XP SP2 system didn't boot.
I figured out that if i unplugged my iomega usb hd, the system boots correctly. I didn't change anything in BIOS (first boot device is hd0). If I plug in the usb hd after booting (to be more specific: right after the white Win XP progress bar), everything works fine. When I reboot, same problem: system doesn't boot until the usb hd is unplugged.
Any ideas? I googled all night yesterday and found many postings in forums with similar problems (no boot with usb devices plugged in), but none of the answers could help me.
As I pointed out, the problem appeared for the first time yesterday after I tried Knoppix.
rosid
Similar Threads
-
By rivendels in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2006, 10:43 AM
-
By covici in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 12:23 PM
-
By fourthirtysix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:14 AM
-
By m0r7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 05:22 AM
-
By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 01:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

(LOT OF 220) *MIXED BRANDS * 4GB PC4-2666V DDR4-21300 UDIMM Desktop RAM Memory
$2800.00

Lot of 2 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 32GB
$138.99

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99

Lot of 8 A2ZEON 8GB DDR4-2133 RDIMM ECC 1Rx4 Server Memory RD4R8G44S2133
$529.99

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50

LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG
$199.95