Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Screen Resolution 1400x1050?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49

    Screen Resolution 1400x1050?

    Hi all

    I'm very new to Knoppix and have version 3.7. I'd like to have Knoppix on my laptop in 1400x1050 resolution mode, but unfortunately this does not work by using the cheatcodes

    - knoppix screen=1400x1050
    - fb1400x1050

    and internally I can't change it either! There seems to be only resolutions up to 1024x768 allowed... :-/

    In general, I have some problems with my graphics card, an NVidia GeForce 2go... e.g. when trying to change the resolution by ctrl-+ then the screen just turns black and i have to reset my notebook... that's very annoying...

    Thanks very much for help.
    Josh

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3

    Re: Screen Resolution 1400x1050?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh83
    Hi all

    I'm very new to Knoppix and have version 3.7. I'd like to have Knoppix on my laptop in 1400x1050 resolution mode, but unfortunately this does not work by using the cheatcodes

    - knoppix screen=1400x1050
    - fb1400x1050

    and internally I can't change it either! There seems to be only resolutions up to 1024x768 allowed... :-/

    In general, I have some problems with my graphics card, an NVidia GeForce 2go... e.g. when trying to change the resolution by ctrl-+ then the screen just turns black and i have to reset my notebook... that's very annoying... :(

    Thanks very much for help. :)
    Josh

    I have a same problem.

    I have a Compaq nc8000 with ATI mobility radeon 9600 (64mb) adapter.
    With all resolutions higher than 1024X768, my desktop is tiled with 1024 displayarea: I a cursor on each side of the screen, icons are duplicated as well as panel. All this is very annoying, since all resolutions lower than this 1400x150 res, produces a smudged image.

    Er... I hope you understand what I mean...:)


    OllimaX!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49
    at the moment i'm running knoppix under windows vmware, and it works ok although it's a bit slow... :-/

    i experience the same problem (tiling the screen into 2) when shuttung down the system in the vmware! as soons as the textmode begins, it's tiled...

    anyone can help us? it's really annoying to have a 1400x1050 screen but smudged display of 1024x768...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh83
    at the moment i'm running knoppix under windows vmware, and it works ok although it's a bit slow... :-/

    i experience the same problem (tiling the screen into 2) when shuttung down the system in the vmware! as soons as the textmode begins, it's tiled...

    anyone can help us? it's really annoying to have a 1400x1050 screen but smudged display of 1024x768...
    Hi Josh,

    Have you tried to change graphics-driver at boot like:
    knoppix xmodule=something?


    OllimaX!

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49
    hi tra-bant,

    how do you mean this? i tried knoppix screen=1400x1050...

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh83
    hi tra-bant,

    how do you mean this? i tried knoppix screen=1400x1050...
    Hi, Josh,

    The xmodule thinging didn't help, but this boot works:
    knoppix screen=1400x1050 knoppix vsync=60

    Of course you have to check the right refreshment rate in your own gear. I looked at my windows installation. Perhaps you have to make the adjustement when kde is running again, but in my case this helped. Try also to change the horizontal refreshment if that doesn't help.

    Pity that it can not be saved in configuration, I guess. It needs a lot of typing when boot.


    rgrds,

    OllimaX!

Similar Threads

  1. 1400x1050 screen resolution does not work
    By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 09:23 AM
  2. Can't get the right screen resolution
    By Darcian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:02 AM
  3. 1400x1050 resolution on a Dell Inspiron 8100
    By societelibre in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 05:00 AM
  4. Screen Resolution
    By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
  5. Screen Resolution
    By Patrick21 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Polycom VVX 501 Desktop VoIP Phone HD Voice PoE 2200-48500-025 Black Silver picture

Polycom VVX 501 Desktop VoIP Phone HD Voice PoE 2200-48500-025 Black Silver

$39.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset picture

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset

$64.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Ooma Telo VoIP Free Internet Home Phone Service. Certified Refurbished. picture

Ooma Telo VoIP Free Internet Home Phone Service. Certified Refurbished.

$59.99



Yealink SIP Phone T85W picture

Yealink SIP Phone T85W

$153.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99