-
Re: Screen Resolution 1400x1050?

Originally Posted by
Josh83
Hi all
I'm very new to Knoppix and have version 3.7. I'd like to have Knoppix on my laptop in 1400x1050 resolution mode, but unfortunately this does not work by using the cheatcodes
- knoppix screen=1400x1050
- fb1400x1050
and internally I can't change it either! There seems to be only resolutions up to 1024x768 allowed... :-/
In general, I have some problems with my graphics card, an NVidia GeForce 2go... e.g. when trying to change the resolution by ctrl-+ then the screen just turns black and i have to reset my notebook... that's very annoying... :(
Thanks very much for help. :)
Josh
I have a same problem.
I have a Compaq nc8000 with ATI mobility radeon 9600 (64mb) adapter.
With all resolutions higher than 1024X768, my desktop is tiled with 1024 displayarea: I a cursor on each side of the screen, icons are duplicated as well as panel. All this is very annoying, since all resolutions lower than this 1400x150 res, produces a smudged image.
Er... I hope you understand what I mean...:)
OllimaX!
Similar Threads
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 09:23 AM
-
By Darcian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:02 AM
-
By societelibre in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 05:00 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By Patrick21 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Precision 7560 i7-11850H 2.5GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 15.6" T1200 No OS: Fair
$459.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC
$119.99

Micro Center 2-in-1 SSD Flash Drive 1TB USB-A/USB-C USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps
$240.00