-
Another sound problem
I'm using Knoppix V3.1 and performed knx-hdinstall.
During the boot process Knoppix finds my soundcard, Opti16 Audio.
It uses the mad16 driver but it somehow does not seem to work.
I already tried using sndconfig and it works just fine there, it finds my soundcard, plays the vocal and writes the configfile, but whem I start XMMS it returns that popup-screen where it says that the device is busy, or the soundcard is not properly configured.
Is there anyway I can make my sound work?
-
There is some progress.
With the help of sndconfig I can get my soundcard to work perfectly, for exactly one session.
If i restart my pc I need to run sndconfig again in order to be able to hear sound.
I don't know why my soundconfiguration is removed every time I reboot, I'd like it to work properly.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You might try opening a root console and type adduser <yourusername> audio which adds you to the audio group then logout and log back in and try it again (to see which groups you belong to open console and type groups then enter).
PS. If you want to use the cd-rom to play audio cd's you might want to add yourself to the cdrom group also.
-
I used to have this problem with my old SiS630 chipset running RedHat. No one could ever solve the problem, and I'd be keen to know how to remedy this problem too.
-
Senior Member
registered user
After thinking a little more about your problem there is another thing you can check. Open a console window and run the top command to see if the arts sound server is running when you have the problem, if it is running you have two options kill the server off or apt-get install xmmsarts which installs the arts plugin. Configure the plugin and see if it works.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Stephen
apt-get install xmmsarts
Dōh, why is that not included in Knoppix?
But that it won't work, this will:
Code:
apt-get install xmmsarts/unstable
-
Senior Member
registered user
My bad
.
Dōh, why is that not included in Knoppix?
Space limits on the ISO I'd guess.
-
Senior Member
registered user
since you've done a hd install, you'll have to
apt-get update
before you can
apt-get install xmmsarts
rock
Similar Threads
-
By durty_nacho in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 04:57 PM
-
By gfrick in forum General Support
Replies: 21
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
-
By RoZ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 11:19 AM
-
By duncan069 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 03:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ā Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)ā
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99