-
OpenOffice Language Changed
I've been running a Knoppix 3.4 hard drive install for several months now -- it works great! Today, for some reason, when I went to run OpenOffice I got a message that it couldn't find the office subdirectory in my home directory. I checked and there was an office subdirectory but now all my menus are in German. How do I get the English menus back?
Thanks,
Bill
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix has a 'special edition' English & German OpenOffice version which also has no help files (to save space). Best way to correct this is to remove this openoffice & install the standard version.
Also see this http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77926 for more hints on language setting. You can also save a bunch of space by apt-get remove kde-i18n* which will remove about 100 meg of kde alternate language support files.
-
Thanks, I'm doing what you suggest right now. The kde-i18n* removal suggestion is much appreciated. This has given me the idea to go through the packages listings and take out other programs that I will never use.
Thanks again,
Bill
-
What I did was this.
Uninstall the OpenOffice that comes with Knoppix: apt-get remove openoffice-de-en
Download latest English version of OpenOffice from http://www.openoffice.org
Extract and run the setup script.
Similar Threads
-
By cezar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 12:36 PM
-
By leq75 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 05:39 AM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus
$12.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse
$1799.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99