Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 708 >> 698 of the original Knoppix iso

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8

    708 >> 698 of the original Knoppix iso

    I've followed the link http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto for remastering Knoppix 3.7 but it turns out to give me a very big ISO (708MB) which is normally accepted by 700MB CD-ROM.

    Please help.

    Regards,

    Jason

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8
    It should be:

    I've followed the link http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto for remastering Knoppix 3.7 but it turns out to give me a very big ISO (708MB) which is normally not accepted by 700MB CD-R.

    I burnt it on a DVD and everything works fine but the /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file is bigger. I used ext2 file system and ext3 file system to have the same results.

    Please help.

    Regards,

    Jason

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    103
    Did you try to use the -b option. It takes longer time but it should give larger compression.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8
    Sure!! But I still had the same 708MB knoppix.iso.

    Jason

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I have made a 700MB+ ISO a number times. I had to go back to the remastering process and apt-get remove something. Surely there is a some unneeded programs you can remove.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8
    Does it mean that I cannot remaster an ISO with all the original packages there?

    Jason

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1
    I have the same problem.

    I try remaster a mini-knoppix using this howto http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_..._Howto_Spanish , but the final iso is bigger than the original iso, and I not make changes in this.

    What is the problem?

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by tsfu
    Does it mean that I cannot remaster an ISO with all the original packages there?
    Why are you remastering? Are you trying to add something? It should be obvious that Knoppix is crammed to the limit with stuff already, if there was space available it would likely already be filled with something else (thay have removed a number of games over the years to make space for other things). So it shouold be pretty obvious that if you want to add more stuff and still have the ISO fit on a CD without overburn than you will have to remove something if you are adding something else more than just a couple of meg large.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8
    No, what I think is there must be something missing in the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto for Knoppix 3.7 that we need to take care in order to make a 698MB ISO for burning. I'll try to make 3.6 with the script as described in the link to see if the same problem persists.

    Thanks.

    Jason

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5

    Image remastered greater than Original

    Hi,

    Why my new image is bigger than the original image, if I removed lots of applications like OpenOffice and others???

    Like others users reported I´ve used http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto . However my image is too big.

    Can u help-me???

    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.8.2: remastered ISO larger than original
    By rwcitek in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 06:26 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 11:59 PM
  3. Testing a remaster with just original knoppix
    By bfree in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 10:05 PM
  4. Speed Optimization, why the Original runs Faster
    By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67



Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card picture

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card

$26.21