-
Senior Member
registered user
This is how I got bootfrom to work on my Windows NT machine, where the file system is also NTFS.
1) Using Windows make a directory c:\KNOPPIX (caps important)
2) copy the CLOOP file from a Knoppix CD that has had the ISO file burnt to it to this directory:
copy d:\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX c:\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX
(if d is your CD-ROM drive)
3) Use the CD to boot up but give the following command line:
knoppix26 bootfrom=/dev/hda1
This will boot into the 2.6 Kernel. Nothing else would work with Windows NT. Cannot use Kernel 2.4 - Cannot use the ISO - only the CLOOP file. Whether Windows XP is any different I don't know. I progressed to Poor Mans Install to a Windows partition by the time I had XP - which is much better. Don't need a CD to boot up with then!
Does Bootfrom have a purpose?
Yes it does. I cannot do a Poor Man's on my NT machine, because it is at work and I do not have write access to the boot.ini file to change it! Using the CD and bootfrom is the only way I have!
Hope that helps.
ICPUG
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2006, 06:20 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 07:36 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Klik
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-01-2004, 02:34 AM
-
By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 08:02 PM
-
By brian03 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015
$26.98

apple oem cube 5w charger
$6.99

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter
$34.99