-
Install as RO filesystem
Hi all,
I have an app that I want to run on linux that does not require filesystem access. I want to install it on several computers which may be turned on and shut down ungracefully, so I want to be sure that nothing is ever written to disk anyway. I thought knoppix would be a good place to start, because being CD-ROM based, it runs happily on a read-only filesystem.
I installed knoppix on a computer using knoppix-install from the CD, using the "CD-based" distribution option. I set the / filesystem to ro via /etc/fstab, but it is still mounted as rw and I can still write to the filesystem when the computer boots up. I want to enforce that the / partition remain ro so that I know nothing is writing to it, and the computer can bounce any time without any files open.
Does knoppix mount the filesystems from some location other than /etc/fstab?
Al
Similar Threads
-
By abby in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2007, 09:56 AM
-
By pyromaniac in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2006, 08:26 PM
-
By rossi in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
-
By mallyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
-
By rex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Vintage Atari 1200 Zaxxon Computer software With box and manual
$75.00

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard
$50.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari 130XE Restored NTSC SALT Tested with Box
$345.00