-
Hard drive wont mount
I am using Knoppix to recover some files from a hard drive that wont boot. The drive has Windows XP and was set with NTFS partition. I have run the Recovery Console from Windows XP disk and then use the fixboot and fixmbr command. Neither of those fixed the boot problem. I was going to use Knoppix to copy all my files that I need to keep to a cdr, but Knoppix says that it can't mount the drive, therefore I cant retrieve my files.
Does any one have any ideas about what I need to do?
Thanks
Racer88
Similar Threads
-
By Johnny Colson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-31-2007, 11:53 PM
-
By couverman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-02-2007, 06:13 AM
-
By band-aid in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-27-2006, 10:02 PM
-
By flowergardener in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 02:47 AM
-
By glidetothehoop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98