Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix does not start

  1. #1

    Knoppix does not start

    I've got a Knoppix CD. version I think is 3.1.

    The computer boots from the CD. The hardware is detected correctly step by step in colourful lines. But, later a line:
    "After this session terminates, the system will be automatically shutdown."
    appears for a fraction of a second. Then, the screen goes blank. THe CPU keeps reading for 10 seconds or so and then it also stops. Ultimately, I have to push the power button to switch off the computer.

    Why is this happening? I have a Pentium 4 machine, with 40 GB HDD, 128 MB RAM, NVIDIA TNT2 video card, LG monitor 44i studioworks which works very nicely.

    Pl. help.

    Awaiting your reply.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95
    Its probably a problem with the video drivers.

    At the bootprompt type

    Code:
    knoppix xmodule=nv
    OR

    Code:
    knoppix xmodule=vesa
    That should solve the

  3. #3

    Thanx

    Thanx a ton for the reply. I tried setting the xmodule = nv / vesa. But none worked. But, then I tried :
    knoppix xserver=XFree86 xmodule=nv screen = 800x600
    and it worked... I am so glad...
    Nevertheless, I am very grateful to you for replying.
    Bye

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Re: Thanx

    Quote Originally Posted by mundhra_ritesh
    Thanx a ton for the reply. I tried setting the xmodule = nv / vesa. But none worked. But, then I tried :
    knoppix xserver=XFree86 xmodule=nv screen = 800x600
    and it worked... I am so glad...
    Nice to hear

    btw, "xserver=XFree86" is the standard setting, AFAIK, so you should be able to boot with out that.

Similar Threads

  1. How to start HD knoppix with just CD?
    By lynnwgnr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 07:02 PM
  2. Before I Start Knoppix
    By Barton71 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 06:03 PM
  3. Knoppix won't start
    By ahnaqsh in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 05:32 AM
  4. Hoe to start Knoppix on TV
    By banevere in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:31 AM
  5. How do you start knoppix?
    By Login_Here in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install picture

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install

$59.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.27



Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack picture

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack

$175.90



New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM picture

New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM

$34.95



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$99.00