Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Think I messed somthing up

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    13

    Think I messed somthing up

    Here's what happend.

    This afternoon I decided to try out Fedora Core 3. I installed FC3 and didn't really like it. So I pull out the Ghost image I made with Norton Ghost 2003 on March 2nd. I re-installed the Ghosted image of the computer, only to find out that when it booted up it output the following:

    L 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99.................

    So I tried to reload the Ghost image again... same thing. I tried to load on a Ghost image I made on Febuary 27th.... Same thing.

    Unfortantaly, I retired the Ghost image of my computer that I created before I installed KNOPPIX the first time.

    I re-inserted the KNOPPIX CD and let it boot from CD - it boots up fine. I reinstalled KNOPPIX to hard disk thinking that this would overwrite the Master Boot Record... and it did. I got the lilo screen again.

    So I proceded to then restore the Ghost image again...

    TA DA!

    L 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99......................

    What has happened to my computer? How do I fix this (if it is possible) or do I have to clean install KNOPPIX and re-setup everything?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    13
    Starting to think this is a Norton Ghost problem.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    have you tried to chroot from the cd to the /partition and reinstalling lilo?
    if not do that.

Similar Threads

  1. Time messed up.
    By RamBo-ZamBo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 07:18 AM
  2. i think i messed up windows...
    By rossndahood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:41 PM
  3. Messed up NTFS HDD
    By Styrus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:22 PM
  4. Desktop messed up???
    By doesnotcompute in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:12 AM
  5. I messed up XF86Config-4
    By backdoc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 12:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1TI ECC REG Server Memory RAM picture

Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1TI ECC REG Server Memory RAM

$180.00



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Samsung 64GB 2Rx4 PC5-4800B-RA0-1010-XT M321R8GA0BB0-CQKDS DDR5 EC8 RDIMM TH646 picture

Samsung 64GB 2Rx4 PC5-4800B-RA0-1010-XT M321R8GA0BB0-CQKDS DDR5 EC8 RDIMM TH646

$2049.98



SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM picture

SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM

$289.95



SAMSUNG 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q ECC REG Server Memory RAM picture

SAMSUNG 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q ECC REG Server Memory RAM

$250.00