-
Junior Member
registered user
kde 3.1 and libc6
Why is it that if you try to install kreatecd, kdegames, etc., that kde 3.1 gets removed? It seems to be related to a libc6 incompatability, and this is something I don't quite understand. Have these programs not been compiled and added to the debian mirrors with the updated libraries? Does anyone know how to fix this, or should I just wait for the debian maintainers to fix it in the mirrors? I can live w/o the programs, but I am partial to some of them.
I've been trying to understand this problem for a while, and I've noticed it in other distros as well (libranet 2.0 - it doesn't seem to matter whether libranet is upgraded to sid or to woody using the kde 3.1 port from www.apt-get.org). I've googled and searched many different forums and I can't seem to find anyone else talking about this problem.
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. If that's the case, please correct me.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
btw i've installed knoppix 3.2 to hard disk.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

Vintage Microsoft 16-bit software lot - Windows/DOS
$99.00

Vintage Microsoft Green-Eyed Mouse 1983 First Gen Bus connector Tested - Video
$350.00

256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2
$76.20

10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap
$1999.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Noteworthy RT5158TW Computer Keyboard Windows 98 NT Tested Working
$39.99