-
terminal server: Bus error on client ifconfig
Hi,
I am running a knoppix terminal server. Since I do not have control over
our DHCP server, I am using a GRUB floppy to boot over the network.
Here is the problem: The clients download the kernel and miniroot.gz
from the server, however, when the clients try to setup the network
they just give a ''Bus error`` and bail out.
lsmod show me, that the right kernel module for the network
device is loaded, but when I call ifconfig I immediately get a
''Bus error``.
May this be GRUB related? Any ideas?
Greetings,
Robert
Similar Threads
-
By thewolf in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 10:25 AM
-
By 5417 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:29 AM
-
By wurm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different
$29.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99