Hi,
I am running a knoppix terminal server. Since I do not have control over
our DHCP server, I am using a GRUB floppy to boot over the network.
Here is the problem: The clients download the kernel and miniroot.gz
from the server, however, when the clients try to setup the network
they just give a ''Bus error`` and bail out.
lsmod show me, that the right kernel module for the network
device is loaded, but when I call ifconfig I immediately get a
''Bus error``.
May this be GRUB related? Any ideas?
Greetings,
Robert

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99
Vintage 1988 NOS IBM 3.5 inch diskettes Operating System 4.00
$46.99
Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25" Floppy Disk Lot of 9 Single Sided Used
$49.99
Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61