-
DWL-650+ Card
Hello:
I have just installed Knoppix 3.6 to the Hard Drive of my IBM ThinkPad A20m. (500MHz, 128MB RAM). Everything is working great except that I cannot connect to my home wireless network. D-Link components, 802.11b.
Interestingly, when I look in the Info Center it would appear that my D-Link DWL-650+ card is recognized. Under PCI, it shows:
Network Controller: Texas Instruments ACX 100 22Mbps Wireless Interface
Subsystem: D-Link System Inc: Unknown device 3b00.
However, when I run wlcardconfig, it simply says:
"No wireless Network Card Found"
Now in SimplyMepis I was able to connect after entering a few basic settings in their little wireless utility- Is there anything similar in Knoppix?
Any Help would be Greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul
-
Junior Member
registered user
I am having the same problem as described above. My wireless card is listed in the info center with the same message:
Subsystem: D-Link System Inc: Unknown device 3b00.
My hardware consists of a Dell Inspiron 3800 with 512mb ram and 10GB hard drive which dual boots Windows XP on NTFS hda1, FreeDOS on hda2, which allows the use of loadlin to boot Knoppix v3.6 kernel 2.4. This is a poor mans install, but I don't see that as the problem. I do have net access through my DSL modem via 3com ethernet card.
My card is a DLink DWL-G630
I have tried running wlcardconfig with the same error message: No wireless Network card found.
There was one thread where someone with a DWL-650 apparently got their card working by upgrading to a later Knoppix version, but the individual did not share the details of their success.
Any help on these two cards on Knoppix v3.6 would be a great help to both of us. Thank you.
James
-
Senior Member
registered user
to be honest those require quite a bit of tweaking to get working.
here are a few links you might try.
http://acx100.sourceforge.net/
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/
http://linux-wlan.org/
http://www.wickle.com/weblog/?p=49&more=1
I have my 650+ working, so it is not impossible, just requires some reading (and sadly a hdd install migh be needed).
Similar Threads
-
By Matthew87 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2006, 02:29 AM
-
By supermal in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$3199.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

NEW Lenovo Samsung 64GB LPDDR5X 8533 MHz LPCAMM2 Memory,For ThinkPad P1 Gen7,8,9
$1349.00

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98