Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Want Kbear, Bluefish, let's lose Abiword and..?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10

    Want Kbear, Bluefish, let's lose Abiword and..?

    Just a thought:

    I am trying out the Bluefish HTML editor but it requires libaspell15, and that conflicts with libpspell4 which as far as I can see, is only being used by Abiword. Since Knoppix already includes OpenOffice and KWord, I figured I wouldn't miss yet another word processor, so I removed Abiword and libpspell4.

    Kbear's a little trickier: Latest version requires Qt3 and that can't be installed onto a stock Knoppix system because it conflicts with other files also. Haven't quite figured a workaround for this so meanwhile I have installed gFTP instead. Thought to install an earlier-version Kbear .deb package but LOTS of unmet dependencies there, and fixing them gets messy.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    I am trying out the Bluefish HTML editor
    Have you tried quanta it's a real nice html development environment and I think it may be included in the new versions of knoppix, my knoppix 3.1 cd has bluefish but not quanta, I use quanta on my woody kde 3.x systems.

    rock

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    If you want to ftp just use Konqueror (ftp://username[email protected]) the assword gives you a password login just change the username and website parts.

Similar Threads

  1. Want FTP client, trying kbear, but...
    By RobertB in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:42 PM
  2. abiword printing with cups..?
    By _jz_ in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:22 PM
  3. Abiword and The GIMP crash
    By heXen in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 04:07 AM
  4. No English Dictionary in AbiWord
    By rdbe in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 04:30 PM
  5. ABIWORD 'DICTIONARY' ERROR FYI
    By xetaprime in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72