This is the "Dirty Way" I did it... And it works...
On my Knoppix 3.7 installed to hard drive I had a problem of the operating system not recognising new hardware installed - I put in a new CD burner and a video card and at boot up the operating system did not reconfigure for the new items...
There may be an official way to do this but what I did was to boot up useing another live cd (puppy linux) and then after mounting the HD where my knopix root was I deleted these files:
ect/modules
ect/modules-2.4.2.7
After closeing and rebooting to my HD - Knoppix reconfigured for the new hardware in Excelent Knoppix Fashion...
The Knoppeer Rules
And many thanks to Puppy Linux too...

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99