Is your Knoppix a HD install? If so, I did an apt-get. From the console,
su
apt-get install nicotine
And it magicially install itself.![]()
hi all
i'd like to install a soulseek client called nicotine. i tried it with command line
python setup.py install
but this did not work, it gave me the message
no module named distutils.core
so i tried to open it with the package manager and tried to install it from there, but there it told me
</knoppix/share/nicotine-1.0.8.tar.gz ;echo RESULT=$?
sh: installpkg: command not found
RESULT=127
can anyone help me? i'm very new to linux and i'm very frustrated now, no idea what to do...
thanks,
josh
Is your Knoppix a HD install? If so, I did an apt-get. From the console,
su
apt-get install nicotine
And it magicially install itself.![]()
It is not really a HD install, but I run it with VMWare it I do not use a real CD but an ISO-Image...
Can I install software only from running it from CD? I have a home-dir created and my own config file, would the install work with this environment?
hrm it says it can not find the packet nicotine...
edit:
ah, i had to do an
apt-get update
first.![]()
but now it tells me "runtime error: could not open display"...what to do now?

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00
1U Server Intel Xeon E3-1240 V5 3.5Ghz 4C 32GB RAM 2x M.2 2280 OCP RJ45 Rails
$310.00