-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
TyphoonMentat
... What probably happened was that HK tried to burn multisession on a disc which wasn't defined as a multisession disc to start with - causing corruption - or that something went wrong with his burn. ....
I don't think this was the case. I did burn it as a multi-session and left it open for additional sessiions. After booting DSL I was able to burn a second session (confirming that the cd had not been finalize as a single session disk and even bring the first session "forwad" so that I could see all of the DSL file in the new session. But the CD would not boot any longer. I even did this twice (once with a cdr, later with a cdrw), so I doubt that is was just "something" that went wrong with the burn.
Your report that you can do it with these other distros is interesting. I'll have to put duplicating this on my "to do list". I'll also try again with DSL, although to be honest I don't know exactly which version of DSL it was. I know there have been several minor releases of DSL since I did this. But if it still fails with the current DSL and does work with other distros that may point us in the right direction to understanding it.
Similar Threads
-
By llista in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-26-2007, 12:51 PM
-
By dissel in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-26-2007, 06:23 PM
-
By bread in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 02:34 AM
-
By rookworm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
-
By iD:0t in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Genuine Samsung K406S Black Toner Cartridge - New and Sealed Box
$35.99

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210
$139.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95