-
Knoppix freezing commonly
I'm running a fairly new copy of Knoppix 3.7 on my laptop for now because of some harddrive issues I'm having, but I've having issues with Knoppix as well, foremost is how it keeps freezing on me repeatedly. I start Knoppix with "Knoppix home=scan", the computer has 256 MB of ram, no harddrive currently, so the Knoppix home is on a USB drive. It doesn't seem to be freezing completely randomly, usually when I start a new process, like opening a new Knoqueror window. When it freezes, the display sometimes goes crazy, but usually just stays the same, and the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive, I don't even get anything from ctrl+alt+del or ctrl+alt+f#, and there's no activity on any of the drives. I have to hold down the power button to force it off then restart. I'm using the default window manager, KDE, and I haven't really installed anything to Knoppix, I mostly just run things like Konqueror, KWrite, Xine, and Wine, it doesn't seem to be anything in particular that's causing the problem.
I'm not a Linux expert, so I don't really know what would be causing this, but I do know my way around a console and would like to work with Knoppix more if it would run reliably.
Similar Threads
-
By Jorpho in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2008, 04:57 AM
-
By Dr Snark in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 12:37 PM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By foil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 06:55 AM
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD
$48.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95