-
networking Windoze to Linux - Lisa Daemon
geez, I hate linux's learning curve.
must admit, Knoppix at least intalls and is working.... so .....
I have found the LinNeighbourhood,
K - Internet - More Applications - LinNeighbourhood
so I can get my Linux box to browse my Windows Workgroup
troubles, so far,.....
add in user name of linux box to the Win2k user group so it is able to access the windows share.
now, getting the windows machines to access the linux box share ......
you'd think this was easy.
and someone would have explained it...... but ...
in the Knoppix box, on a file, say ....
/home/user-johnny/seti
using the Konqueror window, right-clicking it shows up
share as the last option
straight out of the box, you'd think this might work.
anyhoo, enuff ranting, I'm trying to help.
clicking the 'shared' radio button achieves an error message
Sharing Folder 'xyz' failed
Details
An error occurred while trying to share folder 'xyz'
Make sure that the Perl script 'fileshareset' is set suid root
I have found a file in a perl directory that has this error message in it and it is set suid root
under this is a button
'Configure File Sharing'
ahah!!! I hear, form the back row.
shhhh, not yet.....
you need su access to run
kcmshell 'fileshareset'
so in goes the root user password, and nothing happens.
much annoyance.
running kcmshell in a su root box shows that fileshareset is not one of the options
tonight, I open a root user window and see what kcmshell can do.
ahah!!! I say....
it can do
lanbrowser - Setup Lisa, reslisa and the ioslaves
fingers crossed
nope, it does the same as the lisash.sh script does.
so, still, where can I configure the lisa daemon.......
WorkGroup is NOT a workgroup, it's a default name, how do i change it.?
Similar Threads
-
By mkklavz in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-01-2006, 03:04 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:43 AM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-21-2005, 10:25 PM
-
By grayman999 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 03:57 PM
-
By Douglas_D in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01