Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problems with ndiswrapper and MN-510

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2

    Problems with ndiswrapper and MN-510

    I have a Microsoft MN-510 wireless LAN USB adapter. I attempted to follow the tutorial which is sticked in order to connect to it, however it did not work. I tried the ndiswrapper GUI config tool and when I pointed it to my .inf file it said that it had loaded the file but no new devices had appeared. After that it just closes out. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    I have the same adaptor which i'm using right now. I didn't use ndiswrapper to config it because it's already a prism2 based chipset. So what I did to get mine working is do the following commands twice in root console and then run network card config pick wlan0 and say yes to DHCP. I have to redo this everytime i boot so I've posted a topic asking how to get it to work automatically.

    Code:
     
    modeprobe prism2_usb prism2_doreset=1
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
    wlanclt-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=<your ssid> authtype=opensystem
    ifconfig wlan0 <your IP address>

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2
    Wow, that worked. I'm replying from within Knoppix, thanks a ton.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    I'm just glad I could be of help. I've only been working with knoppix for a couple of days now. It's actually the first distro i've been able to get my adaptor to work with which is why I'm sticking with it.

    Cheers,
    Prometheus

Similar Threads

  1. NDiswrapper on 5.1.1
    By Protocol in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
  2. 'modprobe ndiswrapper' cannot find ndiswrapper module
    By Kaishain in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
  3. NDISWRAPPER problems.
    By jacksonon in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 06:17 PM
  4. problems with ndiswrapper and mn-730
    By urbster1 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 06:05 AM
  5. ndiswrapper and mn-730
    By urbster1 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 08:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72