Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: I need the Knoppix root password to access my PCMCIA slot

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6
    Now after I played around with it a bit more it works now. Thanks guys!!

    CaptainN

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    85
    ok, so now all thats left is that you need to share what you did to get it working

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6
    Ok what I did was the following:

    I went to the root terminal and typed netcardconfig three times failing each time.
    Next I removed the card and put it back in again.
    Went to "K" - Knoppix - Internet - Network Card Configuration.
    I then put in everything that I thought was needed for the card to access my router.
    Once I did that in the terminal window it said auto lo something.
    I then fired up Mozilla clicked on the Knoppix link, and BOOM! it worked.

    CaptainN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a root password for Knoppix
    By papwilly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 02:04 PM
  2. Root Password In Knoppix Live
    By jaykay in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 08:01 PM
  3. How to set the root password on Knoppix 3.3
    By MrWizard in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 10:14 PM
  4. Knoppix cd root password
    By swamishriji in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 01:55 AM
  5. Knoppix cd root password
    By swamishriji in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 04:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage picture

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage

$249.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0  picture

Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0

$114.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier.  Never used working picture

Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier. Never used working

$44.99



vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc picture

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc

$69.99



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99