This is probibly a stupid question, but how do i build the LAME encoder from it's source?
I tried to download it pre-built, but it wasn't distributed prebuilt from their site.
ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/unix/sound/lame/
This is probibly a stupid question, but how do i build the LAME encoder from it's source?
I tried to download it pre-built, but it wasn't distributed prebuilt from their site.
ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/unix/sound/lame/
I haven't built Lame, but have you looked at the source? For the things that I have had to build I fould the command line(s) needed right in the source.
In order to get LAME, you will need to add a new repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list file. This page shows you the line you need to add http://debian.video.free.fr/. After adding the line, update the package lists:
apt-get update
Then install lame:
apt-get install lame
I hope this helps.
James
I found that in the forums earlier. When I installed it, I couldn't find the library libmp3lame.so
i need to have that library to run audicity with mp3 encoding, unless theres another encoder.
Did you also apt-get liblame0 ?
I had, but that wasn't the problem. It was naming the file libmp3lame.so.0, like it was a backup. Since no other file of that name existed, i just took off the .0 and I was fine.
I was unsuccessful with this on the last release of 3.3 (poor man's install), but I found a workaround.
I tried with several versions of lame to produce the missing file, using:
./configure
make
I got the .so.0 file and renamed it, but found audacity would crash when I tried to browse for it. Attempting to open the "settings" dialog in audacity also crashed the program.
I finally downloaded the free Windows program cdex. Once the .zip file is decompressed, you can run:
wine cdex.exe

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab Series Tab A11+ 5G Tablet 128GB Gray (X238U)
$180.00
Samsung 990 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD 7,250MB/s
$285.00
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.45
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00