If qtparted is not working & since it sounds like you know about partitioning, try cfdisk.
sudo cfdisk /dev/hda
If that fails then post your mount and fdisk -l output.
hey gang,
I want to use knoppix to build myself a custom linux system, but right now I need to wipe clear my current linux partitions and create a new partition scheme... right now I have all my partitons under one extended partition. I just want to delete the extended partition and all the partitions inside it. Create a new extended partition with these new ones
/
/swap
/home
.. Every time I move to delete the extended partition with qtparted it claims that it is currently mounted.. when I type in mount in my terminal none of those mounts show as mounted :S.. any ideas?
If qtparted is not working & since it sounds like you know about partitioning, try cfdisk.
sudo cfdisk /dev/hda
If that fails then post your mount and fdisk -l output.

Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks
$59.99
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage LOT 1980s Rainbow Apple Computer Sticker/Decal - 21
$49.99
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88