If qtparted is not working & since it sounds like you know about partitioning, try cfdisk.
sudo cfdisk /dev/hda
If that fails then post your mount and fdisk -l output.
hey gang,
I want to use knoppix to build myself a custom linux system, but right now I need to wipe clear my current linux partitions and create a new partition scheme... right now I have all my partitons under one extended partition. I just want to delete the extended partition and all the partitions inside it. Create a new extended partition with these new ones
/
/swap
/home
.. Every time I move to delete the extended partition with qtparted it claims that it is currently mounted.. when I type in mount in my terminal none of those mounts show as mounted :S.. any ideas?
If qtparted is not working & since it sounds like you know about partitioning, try cfdisk.
sudo cfdisk /dev/hda
If that fails then post your mount and fdisk -l output.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586
$149.99