Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wrong drivers for Mustek Bear Paw 1200 USB

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929

    Wrong drivers for Mustek Bear Paw 1200 USB

    I just thought I'd point out that from 3.4 to 3.6 Knoppix seems to be loading the wrong drivers for this Bear Paw -- it's loading the Merlin drivers when I'm sure it should be loading the Plustek ones. The result is that all scans are black!

    In kernel 2.6 no drivers are loaded and the device simply isn't picked up.

    In 3.3 it worked perfectly (well, as perfectly as a Mustek ever does!). When I find a copy of 3.3 I'll check this out again, but mine seems to have vanished. Can anyone point me to an iso for 3.3?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I found a copy of 3.2 and the scans still turn out black.

    Dammit! I know the earlier 3 series worked just fine, so this goes a long way to suggesting that the scanner itself is knackered.

    Anyone encountered black scans before? Any ideas?

Similar Threads

  1. LaserJet 1200 series Laser printer
    By abrand888 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 07:27 PM
  2. change res to 1200 * 800
    By furtivefelon in forum Laptops
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
  3. OK~ what am i doing wrong..
    By mikejn1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:42 PM
  4. Where did I go wrong ...
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 10:21 AM
  5. Don't see what I am doing wrong
    By Jera in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00