Hmm I use mode number six and it seems to work fine.
At boot the screen tells me it has an undefined video mode hit<SPACE> to continue or <RETURN> to see list of video modes. What would be the correct mode?
Hmm I use mode number six and it seems to work fine.
I get the same thing I think. If we are talking about the same thing, then all it is asking is the video mode for the textual part of the boot process. So AFAIK it almost doesn't matter. I picked 0 and it worked.
Check the bootlader's config file. It probably has a 'vga=NNN' added at the end of the 'kernel' file. If so, you can edit the value directly (i. e. 791 for a 1024x768 res.)
Yeah, vga=791 works for me. It can be entered as a "cheatcode" at boot time - then if it works, add it to your bootloader.
-- Ed

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz Sk Hynix RAM 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA HMAA4GS6CJR8N-XN
$310.00
16GB DDR4-3466 RGB Hyper X Fury Kingston 2x8GB HX434C16FB3AK2/16 Deskop Memory
$120.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
A-Tech RAM 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DIMM/2666MHz
$50.00
$116.00