-
Junior Member
registered user
The strip of bacon on my veggie burger
acroread!
I know I can uninstall the unfree packages myself but it strikes me a
little like a vegetarian picking bacon bits out of a salad.
I'd like it if excluding the unfree packages was an option during HD
install. I'd like even better an alternative iso with free software
only for those of us whom this sort of thing matters (I imagine it
would be trivially easy for the knoppix people to just exclude those
packages but hard for anyone else to do.)
But making another whole iso probably isn't worth it because knoppix
is _so close_ already. I don't know how important the 9 unfree
packages are but the biggest offender is acroread and I know there are
free alternatives to that. I know because they're already on the
disk!
And a small feature request: vrms. So I can tell how clean future
disks are before I install.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75