-
VIA VT8233 AC97 onboard audio controller not working :[
hello,
I'm rather new to Linux. I recently did a hdd install of knoppix 3.4. I tried to setup my sound card, and It said that it (VIA VT8233) wasn't suppported. I tried ALSA as well, but that spits an error message at me when I log into my account. I tried the VIA website, and their drivers arn't supported past kernal 2.4.20 (i'm running 2.4.26).....would changing the version number in version.h work? (I havn't tried it yet, because I tried it for my LAN driver, and that didn't work, so I havn't bothered for my sound controller yet =P)
thanx,
-psychopath
Similar Threads
-
By AMD-Hammer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-05-2005, 01:11 PM
-
By vampirefo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-27-2005, 04:40 PM
-
By neomorph in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 14
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 12:22 PM
-
By Matthew in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 10:43 AM
-
By Roger in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 06:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99