-
Backing up NTFS partition: partimage or ntfsclone?
My laptop HD is failing, so I want to create an image of the NTFS partition before the drive fails completely. I tried using partimage, which appears to work fine, but the "experimental" status of NTFS support makes me somewhat nervous.
Then I found out about ntfsclone, which would seem to do what I want. However, the the website is marked unmaintained, so I don't know how outdated the info I read would be.
What I need is the ability to restore the saved partition onto a new HD, swap the new HD with the old failing one, and have the laptop boot as if nothing has happened. The new HD would be of the same or larget size than the old HD (though in the latter case, I'd want the extra space be usable as well).
Any suggestions as to which tool would work better?
Similar Threads
-
By EvaUnit02 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2008, 04:09 PM
-
By thejonreally in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-23-2005, 08:54 AM
-
By wolfgangbeyer in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:53 AM
-
By SideWynder in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 07:04 PM
-
By raymond139 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 3 13.3” FHD Laptop Intel i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$299.85

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99