-
Re: Backing up NTFS partition: partimage or ntfsclone?

Originally Posted by
madoka
My laptop HD is failing, so I want to create an image of the NTFS partition before the drive fails completely. I tried using partimage, which appears to work fine, but the "experimental" status of NTFS support makes me somewhat nervous.
Then I found out about ntfsclone, which would seem to do what I want. However, the the website is marked unmaintained, so I don't know how outdated the info I read would be.
The web site is unmaintained not the code. Developers focus on work instead of documentation as explained at http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/
Ntfsclone has been working fine for me for about two years now and it's stable since its original release. Partimage wanted to use the ntfsclone engine but Partimage development stopped about a year ago
Similar Threads
-
By EvaUnit02 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2008, 04:09 PM
-
By thejonreally in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-23-2005, 08:54 AM
-
By wolfgangbeyer in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:53 AM
-
By SideWynder in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 07:04 PM
-
By raymond139 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1984 Apple Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Set - Near Complete
$125.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$62.99

10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap
$1999.99

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00

Vintage AppleCD 150 M3022 SCSI CD-ROM Drive - Working
$75.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Compaq LTE Lite 4/40C With carrying case PARTS AS IS
$129.00