-
QTparted - how do you add other file systems?
I am working on remastering Knoppix and one of the things I wanted to do is add more file systems into QTparted. On the Knoppix disk you are limited in what types of file systems you can create. On the SystemRescueCD there is support for many more file systems. How can I add these? On my Debian system it shows the same file systems as on the Knoppix CD when I run QTparted.
-
Senior Member
registered user
This answer comes from my experience with knoppix. I am not running knoppix right now to check for you.
Its probably based on the kernel filesystem modules that are available for the knoppix kernel. AFAIK, qtparted is only a front end to mkfs.* tools so I gather than if you want to edit some rare partition, then you will needs it's tools.
I hope this helps.
James
-
Senior Member
registered user
qtparted is a frontend to parted
the mkfs tools are rather plugins
-
OK I figured out how to get the options to show up so I could format a partition as ext3, ext2, fat32, fat16, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, or xfs. I had to install parted, and modify the paths in qtparted confguration to point to the right spot. When I click on empty drive space and select Create, I am only given the following options: ext2, fat32, fat16, linux-swap.
How do I get the other file systems to be available for Create and not just Format?
How do I get reiser support?
If I look in /sbin there are utilities for Reiser such as: reiserfsck, reiserfstune, resize_reiserfs, mkfs.reiserfs, mkfs.reiser4 Some of these I guess I installed with reiser4progs. How do I get qtparted to actually use the reiser stuff?
-
Anyone know where qtparted stores the configuration? I need to change the paths it is looking for the external tools.
Similar Threads
-
By securehell in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-25-2008, 09:52 PM
-
By Reven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 08:13 AM
-
By aallenaia in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:05 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 04:04 PM
-
By Incubii in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 08:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor YD270XBGAFBOX
$95.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

CORSAIR VENGEANCE a7500 Ryzen 7 9800X3D RTX 5070 32GB 1TB SSD Certified Refurb
$1898.99