Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: QTparted - how do you add other file systems?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Posts
    3

    QTparted - how do you add other file systems?

    I am working on remastering Knoppix and one of the things I wanted to do is add more file systems into QTparted. On the Knoppix disk you are limited in what types of file systems you can create. On the SystemRescueCD there is support for many more file systems. How can I add these? On my Debian system it shows the same file systems as on the Knoppix CD when I run QTparted.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    This answer comes from my experience with knoppix. I am not running knoppix right now to check for you.
    Its probably based on the kernel filesystem modules that are available for the knoppix kernel. AFAIK, qtparted is only a front end to mkfs.* tools so I gather than if you want to edit some rare partition, then you will needs it's tools.
    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    qtparted is a frontend to parted

    the mkfs tools are rather plugins

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Posts
    3
    OK I figured out how to get the options to show up so I could format a partition as ext3, ext2, fat32, fat16, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, or xfs. I had to install parted, and modify the paths in qtparted confguration to point to the right spot. When I click on empty drive space and select Create, I am only given the following options: ext2, fat32, fat16, linux-swap.
    How do I get the other file systems to be available for Create and not just Format?
    How do I get reiser support?

    If I look in /sbin there are utilities for Reiser such as: reiserfsck, reiserfstune, resize_reiserfs, mkfs.reiserfs, mkfs.reiser4 Some of these I guess I installed with reiser4progs. How do I get qtparted to actually use the reiser stuff?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Posts
    3
    Anyone know where qtparted stores the configuration? I need to change the paths it is looking for the external tools.

Similar Threads

  1. Automounting file systems in Knoppix
    By securehell in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 09:52 PM
  2. problems with create auto mounted file systems
    By Reven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 08:13 AM
  3. Mounting Sun Solaris file systems
    By aallenaia in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:05 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 04:04 PM
  5. Encrypted File Systems
    By Incubii in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99