-
How to run an existing linux program via knoppix
Complete newbie to linux.
I have a linux program on a boot floppy which I want to run via knoppix 3.1 (cd boot up version).
I have the following questions:
The original floppy script begins by using the command;
cp /mnt/floppy/etc/* /etc/
There are several different terminal emulations. Which one do I want?
Which partition do I need to make writeable? (eg HDA1,HDA2 etc)
The above command copies the profile to /etc.
How do I enable this profile to overwrite the existing profile?
The next commands are:
mkdir /lincardemu
chmod 777 /lincardemu
gzip -d -c /mnt/floppy/lce.gz > /lincardemu/lce
cp /mnt/floppy/lce/* /lincardemu/
cp /mnt/floppy/loaf.txt /lincardemu/loaf.txt
Will I have sufficient write access to carry these out?
I am using USB serial interface (Pl2303) instead of the normal serial interface. In the config file will I need to change the statements
"xdev = /dev/ttyS0" for it to recognise the serial port coming via the USB socket?
Any help appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By lilpaul in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 11:41 AM
-
By mmw1231 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By justmyskin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 12:16 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:54 AM
-
By bactram in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Mitel IP 485G VoIP 8-Line Color Display Business Desk Phone - IP485G
$32.99

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07