-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: How to run an existing linux program via knoppix
--What in the world are you trying to do...
I'll answer as much as I can w/o understanding what you are trying to accomplish and *why.*
Terminal emulation: VT100 should be a good try.
If you are Root, you can do Anything.
AFAIK, you will probably not be able to use a USB serial interface. If anyone can, correct me on this...

Originally Posted by
hughmax
Complete newbie to linux.
I have a linux program on a boot floppy which I want to run via knoppix 3.1 (cd boot up version).
I have the following questions:
The original floppy script begins by using the command;
cp /mnt/floppy/etc/* /etc/
There are several different terminal emulations. Which one do I want?
Which partition do I need to make writeable? (eg HDA1,HDA2 etc)
The above command copies the profile to /etc.
How do I enable this profile to overwrite the existing profile?
The next commands are:
mkdir /lincardemu
chmod 777 /lincardemu
gzip -d -c /mnt/floppy/lce.gz > /lincardemu/lce
cp /mnt/floppy/lce/* /lincardemu/
cp /mnt/floppy/loaf.txt /lincardemu/loaf.txt
Will I have sufficient write access to carry these out?
I am using USB serial interface (Pl2303) instead of the normal serial interface. In the config file will I need to change the statements
"xdev = /dev/ttyS0" for it to recognise the serial port coming via the USB socket?
Any help appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By lilpaul in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 11:41 AM
-
By mmw1231 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By justmyskin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 12:16 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:54 AM
-
By bactram in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Powerffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner N10 400W/30Kpa Power Nozzle Head Assembly.
$39.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$80.66