-
I see the minirt24.gz file in my /mnt/hda1/knx/[b]master/boot/isolinux/ directory. However, when I gunzip it, I get a huge binary file. How did you extract the text file? Is this the file I should modify to change how the links are created? And if so, do I just modify and then gzip it back, before I remaster?
Thanx

Originally Posted by
UnderScore
From Knoppix 3.7, minirt24.gz, the linuxrc file, starting at line 611, showing how the symlinks are created.
Code:
# We need /bin/mount here for the -o size= option
/bin/mount -t tmpfs -o "size=${RAMSIZE}k" /ramdisk /ramdisk && mkdir -p /ramdisk
/home /ramdisk/var && ln -s /ramdisk/home /ramdisk/var /
echo "${BLUE}Done.${NORMAL}"
else
mkdir -p /home /var
fi
echo -n "${CRE}${BLUE}Creating directories and symlinks on ramdisk...${NORMAL}"
# Create common WRITABLE (empty) dirs
mkdir -p /var/run /var/backups /var/cache/apache /var/local /var/lock/news \
/var/nis /var/preserve /var/state/misc /var/tmp /var/lib \
/var/spool/cups/tmp /var/lib/samba /var/lib/nessus \
/mnt/cdrom /mnt/floppy /mnt/hd /mnt/test \
/home/knoppix /root /etc/sysconfig /etc/X11 /etc/cups /etc/dhcpc
chown knoppix.knoppix /home/knoppix
As for WHY the remaster links to /KNOPPIX, it is either in the linuxrc script or in the remastering scripts.
This is about as much I can help you.
James
Similar Threads
-
By PlatinumPlus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 10:17 AM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 08:27 AM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:30 PM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By antti in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99