-
I want /var/lib/mysql/foo to NOT be linked to /KNOPPIX!!!!
I have a database in /var/lib/mysql/ When I remaster and boot new CD, the file does not get copied to the ramdisk. It remains in the READONLY directory /KNOPPIX with only a link in the ramdisk. I have seen other posts asking for a solution to this but I have not seen any good solutions posted.
I have also noticed that some of the files under /var/ are not linked but are in fact copied over to the ramdisk. Who or what determines which files get copied over? Is it based on permissions, file ownership, wha that? Somebody please help. I have to have a bootable KNOPPIX cd with our mysql databases up and running by this weekend (3/12/05.)
I have read that moving them to /home/ might solve this problem. However, given that some /var/ files are ramdisk'ed, I am sure there is a way to ramdisk my files as well.
Any helpl greatly appreciated.
Ace
Similar Threads
-
By PlatinumPlus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 10:17 AM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 08:27 AM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:30 PM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By antti in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00