You might like to consider placing an icon on the KDE Desktop for users to click and automate the commands.
This link should help, if you decide to do this:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17445

I have found the following scripts work for start-up and saving and
restoring from a USB device. Naturally I'd be very interested in any more efficient alternative solutions.

For start-up LAMP KDE Desktop icon:

sudo /KNOPPIX/usr/local/bin/startLAMP

in /etc/skel/Desktop

and
#!/bin/bash
# Start Apache and MySQL. Put toophpix database into RAM. Open Mozilla browser.

/etc/init.d/apache start
rm -rf /var/lib/mysql
cp -rp /KNOPPIX/var/lib/mysql /var/lib
mysqld_safe &
mozilla "http://127.0.0.1/Toophpix/page3.php"

goes in /KNOPPIX/usr/local/bin/ directory


I use the same directories for the USB scripts.
For save to USB the commands I am using are:

sudo /usr/local/bin/saveToUSB

and
#!/bin/bash
# Back up toophpix data to USB device.

modprobe usb-storage
mkdir /mnt/usbstore
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbstore
mysqldump --opt -u root toophpix > /mnt/usbstore/toophpix.sql
umount /mnt/usbstore


For restore from USB the commands I am using are:

sudo /usr/local/bin/restoreFromUSB

and
#!/bin/bash
# Restore MySQL toophpix database from USB device

modprobe usb-storage
mkdir /mnt/usbstore
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbstore
mysql -u root toophpix < /mnt/usbstore/toophpix.sql
umount /mnt/usbstore


The umount commands at the end help ensure that the USB device can be
mounted if the user clicks on the
Desktop icon (Hard-Disk Partition sda1) that appears once Knoppix has
booted up or when the USB device is identified when inserted.
toophpix is the name of the database that is backed up.