-
create a permanent swap
I am running Knoppix 3.7 en with the 2.4 kernel. Two drives. hda is format with nothing. hdb1 has my network save settings. hdb2 is a place where I can save my settings when I am testing new stuff. hdb3 is my perm home dir and I am using the entire part. works perfectly.
I would like to take hda1 and part some space dedicated for swap and use the rest for whatever comes up. My problem is that I have no idea how to tell knoppix that I have a perm swap dev during boot. I would like to dedicate like 1024 to swap at least, but if there is no way to have knoppix use this then it's pointless.
Is this possible, and if so, then how?
Similar Threads
-
By Ham13 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 01-20-2007, 07:31 PM
-
By Ham13 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-05-2006, 01:09 AM
-
By finferflu in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-12-2006, 01:53 PM
-
By jariep in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99