Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: GFX problem...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    GFX problem...

    Hello!

    I installed Knoppix on my PC few days ago and I like it. Only problem with it is that I can't use resolution bigger than 1024*768, and I'm used to one time bigger resolution. So I really need to get it one step bigger.

    So, the question is, do I need to update my GFX drivers or what I need to do?

    My GFX card is : NVIDIA 4 TI 4600

    And if I need to install the drivers, how to do it and where to get the drivers? I absolutely have no idea. I don't know a thing about Linux, I'm trying to learn so bare with me.


    Thanks already.

    EDIT #1: Or can this whole problem be some sort of monitor driver mess up? Or does the monitor even need drivers?
    My monitor is: Compaq MV740.

    - PsySonic

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    You're just learning so I hesitate to suggest this, but it may do the trick.

    You could open a terminal "su" to root and do "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86"

    That command will open up a program to set up your xserver including monitor and
    resolution and everything else x does. It could take a couple of runs through it to get it right,
    and if you enter the wrong parameter you could lose your xserver entirely.
    That being said though it might get you the screen resolution you want.

    You also could edit your /etc/X11/XFree86Config-4 check that file to
    see what resolutions are listed under "monitor" Maybe editing that would work but I like the
    dpkg-reconfigure method.

    Good luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$9599.00



128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5) picture

128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)

$2085.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB RAM 128GB(8x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz picture

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB RAM 128GB(8x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

$500.00



Desktop RAM DIMM Memory Modules Lot of 8 Computer RAM Sticks for PC Desktop 64GB picture

Desktop RAM DIMM Memory Modules Lot of 8 Computer RAM Sticks for PC Desktop 64GB

$100.00



Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz (CMW32GX4M2D3600C18) picture

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz (CMW32GX4M2D3600C18)

$158.99