-
GFX problem...
Hello!
I installed Knoppix on my PC few days ago and I like it. Only problem with it is that I can't use resolution bigger than 1024*768, and I'm used to one time bigger resolution. So I really need to get it one step bigger.
So, the question is, do I need to update my GFX drivers or what I need to do?
My GFX card is : NVIDIA 4 TI 4600
And if I need to install the drivers, how to do it and where to get the drivers? I absolutely have no idea. I don't know a thing about Linux, I'm trying to learn so bare with me.
Thanks already.
EDIT #1: Or can this whole problem be some sort of monitor driver mess up? Or does the monitor even need drivers? 
My monitor is: Compaq MV740.
- PsySonic
-
Senior Member
registered user
You're just learning so I hesitate to suggest this, but it may do the trick.
You could open a terminal "su" to root and do "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86"
That command will open up a program to set up your xserver including monitor and
resolution and everything else x does. It could take a couple of runs through it to get it right,
and if you enter the wrong parameter you could lose your xserver entirely.
That being said though it might get you the screen resolution you want.
You also could edit your /etc/X11/XFree86Config-4 check that file to
see what resolutions are listed under "monitor" Maybe editing that would work but I like the
dpkg-reconfigure method.
Good luck.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00