-
linux26 locks up when creating fstab
I am trying to get linux26 booting on an abit BE6 system. 2.4 boots fine without any issues. Booting up with linux26 locks up at the message scanning drives to create /etc/fstab. I am able to by pass this by specifying nodma. The drives are too slow without DMA.
When enabling DMA, I get DMA Timeout Error 0x21.
The BE6 motherboad has an onboard highpoint 366 dma controller in addition to the bx chipset ide controller. I have already updated the bios to the latest version. Is these a known issue with this board and 2.6? I have tried a couple differen knoppix versions and they all have this same problem. Is there a way I can use the expert boot to use a different driver for the onboard highpoint controller?
I discovered this using the Knoppmyth installation CD, but then experienced the same issue with Knoppix 3.6 and 3.4.
Any help would be great.
Here is lspci -v in 2.4:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge (rev 03)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: [a0] AGP version 1.0
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX AGP bridge (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
I/O behind bridge: 00009000-00009fff
Memory behind bridge: d4000000-d7ffffff
00:07.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01) (prog-if 80 [Master])
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
I/O ports at f000 [size=16]
00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 9
I/O ports at a000 [size=32]
00:07.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02)
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
00:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1370 [AudioPCI]
Subsystem: Unknown device 4942:4c4c
Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 32, IRQ 9
I/O ports at a400 [size=64]
00:0d.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 model NC100 (rev 11)
Subsystem: Linksys: Unknown device 0574
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 9
I/O ports at a800 [size=256]
Memory at dd000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
00:0f.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc: Unknown device 0016 (rev 01)
Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc.: Unknown device 4009
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 10
Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
00:13.0 Unknown mass storage controller: Triones Technologies, Inc. HPT366/368/370/370A/372 (rev 01)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 120, IRQ 11
I/O ports at ac00 [size=8]
I/O ports at b000 [size=4]
I/O ports at b400 [size=256]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
00:13.1 Unknown mass storage controller: Triones Technologies, Inc. HPT366/368/370/370A/372 (rev 01)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 120, IRQ 11
I/O ports at b800 [size=8]
I/O ports at bc00 [size=4]
I/O ports at c000 [size=256]
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x (rev 64) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x
Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
Memory at d4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
I/O ports at 9000 [size=256]
Memory at d6000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [50] AGP version 1.0
Capabilities: [5c] Power Management version 1
Similar Threads
-
By HansB in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-12-2006, 11:45 AM
-
By nikgik in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2006, 01:22 PM
-
By raydance in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By xyzzy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 06:13 PM
-
By niyogi in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R430 4-LFF / 2-SSD Server 2.30Ghz 24-Core 32GB RAM + 400GB SSDs
$648.95

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95