-
can't compile driver module
People, I have installed Knopix 3.7 on a hard drive, found a driver for a winmodem: ltmodem-8.31a10.tar.gz. Unpacked it and executed build_module. At the beginning everything is OK. It runs, it checks for system parameters, it starts compiling lt_modem.o. But then:
Using KCFLAGS for gcc version 2.x
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/lib/modules/2.4.27/build/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fno-strength-reduce -m486 -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -DCPU=586 -DMODULE -DLT_VERSION=8.31a10 -DLINUX -DNO_EEPROM -DLT_SERIAL_MODULE=lt_serial -DFORCEMODVERSIONS -DASMLINKAGE=asmlinkage -c -o ltmodem.a ltmodem.c
Checking for driver products:
Compilation of lt_modem.o failed,
Do assess whether your utilities are up to date as listed within 1ST-READ!
Read Compile_properly.txt from DOCs/.
...
Then I tried with: l ltmodem-2.4.27-1-686_8.31a8_i386.deb - no way. Says that there is a problem with kernel. Building from a source anounces that kernel-headers are somehow different from kernel version. How could this be?? I've just used knoppix-installer to place knoppix on hd and put lilo into mbr. I have two hard disks: one with XP and one with knoppix. Just decided to migrate, but I guess that I will fail without internet
Any ideas?!
-
Senior Member
registered user
You could try downloading your kernel sources. I don't know if that will work.
Try this link: http://www.linmodems.org/ They have alot of ideas for winmodems and that's
what you have i.e. a modem made to work with the windows OS. If linmodems.org doesn't
help then you can still buy an external modem on ebay for $10-15 and that, if you choose a
recent or known linux compatible should do the trick. There are also pci controller type internal modems
like u.s robotics about $40 that will work too, and some distros (suse, redhat) have better
drivers for winmodems. Good luck.
-
Well 10x... the greatest pitty is that my modem is in a fact supported by linmodem drivers. According to scanmodem utility:
Class 0780: 11c1:0442 Communication controller: Lucent Microelectronics 56k WinModem (rev 01)
...
The modem has a supported Lucent/Agere DSP (digital signal processing) chipset
with primary PCI_ID: 11c1:0442
-
I viewed 'version.h' file - kernel-headers and kernel are of the same version. However ./ltinst2 says that there is a flavor mismatch or something... but thats the official Knoppix 3.7 version, how could that happen?
Similar Threads
-
By SlavoniaJavaTeam in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2007, 09:39 AM
-
By tejvenim in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2006, 10:46 PM
-
By quinielas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 01:20 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2004, 02:41 PM
-
By msnxsw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00

GeIL EVO POTENZA 8GB 288-Pin 3000MHz DDR4 SDRAM Desktop Memory Red - 2 Pieces
$75.00

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 260-Pin SO-DIMM
$63.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00